The United States is home to some of the world’s most stunning beaches, with hundreds of miles of coastline stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing family vacation or a romantic getaway, the U.S. has a beach destination for every type of traveler. Ready to go? Call your SkyMed Travel Advisor to plan your best getaway—and don’t forget to take your SkyMed Membership with you!
- Maui, Hawaii Maui is one of the most popular destinations in Hawaii, and for good reason. The island boasts beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and many activities for all ages. Whether you’re looking to soak up the sun or try your hand at surfing, Maui has it all. Some of the best beaches on the island include Kaanapali Beach, which is perfect for families, and Wailea Beach, which is great for snorkeling.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Myrtle Beach is a classic East Coast destination that has been attracting visitors for decades. The 60-mile stretch of sand is home to numerous resorts, restaurants, and attractions. In addition to lounging on the beach, visitors can enjoy water sports, golfing, and shopping at the many outlet malls in the area. For families, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and SkyWheel are must-see attractions.
- Santa Monica, California Located just outside of Los Angeles, Santa Monica is a popular beach destination for locals and tourists alike. The beach is famous for its iconic pier, which is home to an amusement park, aquarium, and numerous restaurants. You can also check out outdoor activities like surfing and beach volleyball or take a stroll along the boardwalk.
- Destin, Florida Destin is a small beach town located on the Gulf Coast of Florida, known for its pristine white sand beaches and emerald-green waters. In addition to lounging on the beach, you can go fishing, boating, or kayaking in the nearby bay. For families, the Big Kahuna’s Water and Adventure Park is a must-visit attraction.
- Nantucket, Massachusetts Nantucket is a charming island located off the coast of Massachusetts with picturesque beaches, historic lighthouses, and quaint New England charm. Enjoy a stroll through the cobblestone streets of downtown Nantucket or relax on the beach at Jetties Beach or Surfside Beach.
- Cannon Beach, Oregon Cannon Beach is a scenic beach town located on the Oregon coast. It’s famous for its massive Haystack Rock, which rises 235 feet above the water. Try hiking in the nearby Ecola State Park or exploring the quaint downtown area.
- Gulf Shores, Alabama Gulf Shores is a popular beach destination located on the Gulf Coast of Alabama with beautiful white sand beaches and clear blue waters. It’s great for outdoor activities like fishing, kayaking, paddleboarding, or strolling through the Gulf State Park.
- Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts Martha’s Vineyard is a beautiful island off Massachusetts’s coast, known for its pristine beaches, historic lighthouses, and charming New England towns. Take the time to walk through the town of Oak Bluffs or lay out on the beach at South Beach or Katama Beach.
- Sanibel Island, Florida Sanibel Island is a small barrier island located off the coast of Florida with stunning beaches, abundant wildlife, and a relaxed atmosphere. This is the place for shelling on the beach, birdwatching, or exploring the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina The Outer Banks is a 200-mile stretch of barrier islands with beautiful beaches, charming coastal towns, and historic lighthouses—think the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, which is the tallest brick lighthouse in the country. You can also enjoy outdoor activities like fishing, kayaking, and surfing or explore the quaint downtown areas of towns like Nags Head and Duck.
Please follow and like us: