At SkyMed Travel, we know what’s good for the soul, meaning we have it on good authority that a romantic trip to beautiful Acapulco is just what Dr. Love ordered! Check out these great deals at some of the destination’s top hotels—and book with SkyMed Travel so you can enjoy a FREE SkyMed Essentials Membership for additional peace of mind!
Since the 1930s, Acapulco has been known for being the destination of choice for world-renowned celebrities, and to date, continues to be among Mexico’s most iconic and beautiful beach destinations. Famous for its ever-changing landscape, global gastronomy, unmatched sunsets, perfect year-round climate, warm waters, and impressive hospitality infrastructure coupled with friendly Mexican service, Acapulco serves as the perfect vacation destination for visitors.
As one of the country’s most visited cities, Acapulco offers experiences and activities for travelers of all ages and backgrounds such as relaxation by its pristine beaches, a wide variety of oceanfront and adventure sports, cultural and natural landmarks, and exceptional international cuisine. Home to five distinct golf courses, hotels, and resorts with comprehensive packages for weddings, state-of-the-art facilities, and services for the meetings and events industry, Acapulco welcomes travelers through various ports of entry including direct international flights from the U.S. and via its cruise port.
- Set like a vivid white dream on a high hilltop peak overlooking Acapulco, Hotel Encanto has large guest rooms, including the secluded Ocean Vista Pool room, with its own disappearing edge pool which sets the right mood for romantic couples to take in the vista. The luminous hotel offers a cinema, a gym, and a relaxing spa with open-air rooftop treatments to fully enjoy the Pacific ambience. The hotel’s Origen restaurant and the Sunset Bar are the perfect spot for couples to spend the evening.
- Rates begin at USD 300 per night in the fall for an Ocean Balcony suite.
- A living symbol of Acapulco’s Golden Era glamour, Las Brisas Acapulco,was known for being the hotspot of celebrity honeymoons like John & Jackie Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor’s two husbands, and Bill & Hillary Clinton. The property offers a variety of rooms with the best views of the Acapulco Bay. The Private Pool Casita features maximum privacy for a couple’s vacation.
- In the fall, rates start at USD 110 per night for an Ocean View room.
- Perched at the edge of a dramatic cliff overlooking the expansive Pacific Ocean, the exclusive Banyan Tree Cabo Marques is an all-pool villa resort. An ideal property for couples seeking a romantic yet tranquil stay, guests may book services and unplug at the award-winning Banyan Tree Spa.
- Rates begin at USD 305 per night in the fall for a Hillside Pool Villa.
- The Pierre Mundo Imperial Resort is one of the most acclaimed properties in Acapulco. Just a short drive away from the Acapulco International Airport, it boasts 229 rooms, suites, and private bungalows as well as several dining and on-site shopping options.
- Rates at the resort start at USD 130 for a Superior Garden View room.
Acapulco’s restaurants allow couples to indulge in the destination’s magnificent cuisine, whether for evening candlelight romance or a refreshing beachfront break.
- The Becco Al Mare restaurant is one of Acapulco’s architectural jewels due to its unique glass and wood structure. Italian flavors come to life in this upscale restaurant, with one of Acapulco’s largest selections of Italian wines and refreshing desserts such as gelati and tiramisu.
- Couples must visit Peninsula for a seafood and Mexican food fare. Conveniently located at the end of the XTASEA zipline, one of the longest over water ziplines in the world, the casual restaurant offers views of Puerto Marques that will make travelers swoon.
- Zibu offers a decadent Thai and Mexican-Spanish fusion honoring Acapulco’s centuries old role as the port where Spanish imperial galleons arrived bringing oriental spices. Couples can enjoy a three-course dinner and drinks at this lovely restaurant.
- Chef Erik Nguyen, the chef at Tony’s Bistro, has pleased the palates of multiple celebrities and government authorities, and now offers a blend of Asian and French gastronomy at this top-rated restaurant. With plenty of outdoor seating and overlooking the Acapulco skyline, Tony’s Bistro is a great option for date night.
Featuring a tropical climate, Acapulco is perfectly tempered in the fall months for travelers to enjoy nature and the great outdoors as well as outdoor events and activities.
- Sunset horseback riding is one of the most romantic ways to see Acapulco, whether along the hotel zone beachfront or in Playa Revolcadero, with a distant view of the Acapulco Bay.
- Visiting La Quebrada, home to Acapulco’s world-famous cliff divers, is the perfect activity to enjoy with a loved one. While the show is free and anyone can watch it, it is recommended that visitors glam up and disconnect while having a cocktail at La Perla Restaurant & Bar.
- No fall escape to the tropics is complete without relaxing by the ocean. Isla Roqueta is a tropical forest covered island featuring a central mountain topped by a lighthouse, and a popular site for snorkeling and kayaking. Tours include snacks and beverages, snorkel equipment, and transfers within the Acapulco harbor.
But is it safe? Well, while the mainstream media have extensively covered every high-profile crime that’s happened there (and yes, we know there is plenty of it), the truth is that it is still visited by thousands of tourists a year, belying the sensationalist headlines. Most if not all the crimes happen to those who are involved in unlawful activities. Of course, you do need to use your common sense. Tourists are targeted all over the globe, not just here, especially when it comes to petty crimes like pickpocketing (be aware of your surroundings!) And with Covid-19, common sense demands masks and hand sanitizers—which, by the way, are plentiful in the resorts.